AIP Corporation and below listed affiliate entities (hereinafter collectively called the “AIP Group” or “we”) perceives the information (hereinafter the “Client Information” or “Your Information”) collected from clients (in case the client is an entity, including each respective employee, hereinafter the “Client”, “You” or “Your Organization”) as indispensable asset in conducting business activities. It is among our top priority to secure appropriate management to protect Your Information.
Some of the Client Information we collect might include Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For more details on what information we collect, please refer to Section 2 “What Types of Client Information We Collect”.
１．Compliance with Laws, Rules and Regulations
Throughout our business activities, with respect to the Client Information, AIP Group complies with any applicable laws concerning the handling of personal information as well as the "ICC/ESOMAR Code" which is the code of conduct for the marketing research industry.
2. What Types of Client Information We Collect
The types of Client Information AIP Group collects are as follows:
- “Company Information” of the Client, which consists of Your contact details such as registered entity name, physical address of Your business location, phone number, email address, payment information (if necessary), and other information You provide in connection with the Services You wish to receive from AIP Group,
- “Contact Information” which consists of the contact information of the person in touch with AIP Group in Your Organization, such as name, e-mail address, phone number,
- “Survey Data” AIP Group collects and submits to the Client in connection with the Services,
- Inquiries made and Opinions given to AIP Group; and
- Any other information necessary for the Services of AIP Group.
3. How We Use Client Information
AIP Group will use Client Information for the following purposes:
- To initiate preliminary negotiations before entering into contract with You, using the items listed in (1) and (2) of the above article, which is necessary for our legitimate interests,
- To provide You with the Services, using the items listed in (1), (2) and (3) of the above article, which is necessary for our performance of contract,
- To provide You with advertisements, promotions and marketing content, using the items listed in (1), (2), (3), and (4) of the above article, which is necessary for our legitimate interests,
- To respond to Your inquires, when AIP Group receives, using all the items in the above article, which is necessary for our legitimate interests, and
- To develop and improve the Services and AIP Group itself, using all the items in the above article, which is necessary for our legitimate interests.
When You visit or use our websites, interact with any content or advertising related to our Services, or validate any cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers and other related technologies (hereinafter collectively called the “Cookies”) that AIP Group employs, AIP Group automatically, especially for analytics, collects certain information about You and the device You are using. This website (aip-global.com) is using the following Google Analytics cookies.
|Cookie name||Cookie type||How cookies work|
First party cookie/persistent (2 years)
|Used to distinguish visitors.|
First party cookie/persistent (24 hours)
|Used to distinguish visitors.|
First party cookie/persistent (1 minute)
|Used to throttle request rate.|
If You choose not to accept the use of Google Analytics cookies, you can do so by installing an opt-out plug-in provided by Google at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
5. Client’s Choice and Rights with regards to Personal Information
- Your provision of Client Information to AIP Group is voluntary, however, in the event that You choose not to provide AIP Group with certain Client Information necessary for our performance of the contract and our legitimate interests, You will not be able to gain access to our Services.
AIP Group will respond to Your requests such as the followings, and you can exercise Your rights to make requests in writing and in the manner described in Section 9 “Inquiries/ Complaints”:
- Requesting disclosure and receipt of a copy of Your Personal Information;
- Notification of the purposes of AIP Group’s use;
- Requesting to change, stop using, and delete Your Personal Information which is incorrect or misused; and
- any other request which the applicable laws grant to You the right to make.
6. Retention of Client Information
- AIP Group will retain Client Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and further processed. More specifically, the Client Information that is not Cookie Data will be retained for 10 years after Your last order to receive our Services or after the collection of Your Information, whichever is later.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company Information that is not Cookie Data will be permanently kept in AIP Group for our business activities. For the avoidance of doubt, Company information does not include any Personal Information (see Section 2 “What Types of Client Information We Collect” (1) above).
7. Disclosing Client Information to Third Parties (processors and other recipients)
- Where necessary to carry out our business operations, AIP Group may disclose Your Information to certain trusted third party service providers, including those located outside of the country where the Client is based.
- Please be assured that we will only disclose Your Information in compliance with applicable law, and with the appropriate management and supervision of the relevant third parties.
- Occasionally, judicial or regulatory authorities may request access to or disclosure of Your Information for law enforcement purposes. Such requests typically pertain to criminal investigations or other legal proceedings. Where they are necessary and legitimate, we will respond to such requests in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law
- Additionally, in cases where it is necessary to prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities, or to protect life, body, or property, AIP Group may disclose Your Information to a third party including AIP’s parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates to the necessary extent.
- AIP Group will not use or disclose Your Information for purposes not set forth in this Policy without informing You and taking any necessary steps in advance as required under applicable law.
8. Data Security and International Transfers of Personal Information
- We are committed to handling Your Information in accordance with high security standards and in compliance with applicable law. We do so in order to prevent unauthorized access or unauthorized disclosure of Your Information, to maintain the accuracy of such information and, when necessary, to ensure its proper destruction. Especially when collecting or transferring Your Personal Information, we employ data encryption technology, and restrict access only to those persons who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We conduct periodic reviews of our practices to ensure that our safeguards are properly implemented and remain state of the art.
- Because of the global nature of AIP’s business, Your Information may be transferred to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those from where Clients are based. When AIP transfers Your Personal Information overseas, we put in place adequate measures to protect Your Personal Information as required under applicable laws.
As part of Rakuten group (hereinafter “Rakuten”), AIP protects Your Personal Information around the world through Rakuten’s global privacy standard. In particular, Rakuten implemented Binding Corporate Rules, a recognized European data protection standard. Binding Corporate Rules provide for an appropriate level of protection for global data processing within us. Our rules have been approved by the relevant European Union Authorities and these are also a strong commitment to protect Your privacy around the world.
Rakuten’s Binding Corporate Rules are available here: https://corp.rakuten.co.jp/privacy/en/bcr.html
9. Inquires / Complaints
For exercising Your rights and making any inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, please use the contact information below. Either received directly from You or from Your representative, AIP and, in case that You have any privacy concerns, the data protection officer will respond to them without delay.
to Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-0094, or call at +81-50-5581-1710
10. Changes to the Policy
Please note that AIP Group may make changes to this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy and the latest and authentic version of this Policy will be posted on this website. Please check back from time to time to ensure that You have read the most recent version of this Policy. We will, in an appropriate way, communicate with You when any material changes happen in this Policy.
HONG KONG: AIP Research and Consulting Pte. Ltd.
SHANGHAI: AIP Shanghai Co., Ltd.
SEOUL: AIP Marketing Korea Co., Ltd.
SINGAPORE: AIP Research and Consulting Pte. Ltd.
NEW DEHLI: AIP India Private Limited
NEW YORK: AIP New York Co., Ltd.
LONDON: AIP London Limited